Happy Birthday To Me…It’s official I have hit another milestone and made it to 30! My birthday falls on September 30th and so this year I decided to go all out because I was turning 30 on the 30th…and that will only happen once!
I spent the last year of my 20’s basically imobile due to an ankle injury. Nine scars and eight months of physical therapy later I was finally able to start living my life again.
To make up for lost time, I decided to tackle the 30 before 30! This is where I do 30 thing I have never done before I turn 30! Now, I will tell you this was not easy but it was a ton of fun. The adventure started in August when I graduated from Physical Theropy and could walk all on my own which is kind of important!
I wanted to do 30 NEW things before I turned 30! Here is my 30 before 30 list…
- Beach Trip With My Mema: for a week we played dominos and watched the Olympics on TV, walked on the beach and drank wine!
- I Left My Job: after three years and accepted a new position
- International Travel: I bought a plane ticket to Prague and planned a month long vacation with my little sister.
- I Ate For The First Time: Squid – I would have liked better if it was fired 🙂
- I Ate For The First Time: Clams – which I did not like…
- I Ate For The First Time: Duck Liver Pate – which I really didn’t like…
- I Ate For The First Time: Panna Cotta with Champagne – which I really LOVED
- I Had: Champagne and Tiramisu in a cafe near the Jewish Getto in Prague
- I Sold My Car
- And Got A New One (Whoop Whoop)
- Learned: how to make puff pastry desserts
- Girls Trip: Went on a girls trip to the mountains with all the girls in my family
- DeLorean: I had my picture taken with the time machine DeLorean from the movie “Back to the Future”
- Jurassic Park – I got to drive in the Jurassic World Jeep #18 which was in the movie “Jurassic World”
- Hosted: a Star Wars Night and had R2D2, C3PO, Darth Vader, Princess Laya, Storm Troopers, Chewbacca and friends…
- I Bought: an extravagant gift just for my self
- I Went To: the Mucha exhibit in Old Town Prague
- I went To: The Sex Machine Museum in Old Town Prague – That was an experience
- I Saw: The Worlds oldest Erotic movie which was commissioned by the Kind of Spain – King Carlos…YIKES
- I Had: an ice cream shipped like a rose…a legit rose!
- I Walked: over 12,000 steps in one day – first time in a year!!
- I Drank: beer made by monks on a cliff in Prague
- I Ate: Tridlenik which is a Czech specialty
- I Went To: Budapest for the very first time
- I Went To: a Sparty in Budapest – if you haven’t gone you need to
- I Went To: an underground spa cave in Budapest
- I Experienced: a bomb going off next to my fab hotel in Budapest
- I Ate: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner at the “New York Cafe” in Budapest where Casa Blanca was written!
- I Saw: The worlds oldest Marry-Go-Round
- I Went To: Florence, Italy for my Birthday Day and starred at the “David’s” beautiful butt for half an hour and LOVED IT!!
I decided that 30 was going to be different. I will be mobile, I won’t be scared to try new things or step out of my comfort zone and I will continue to push myself further each day. I have found that the most interesting thing about me is my stories and places I have gone. Now, I am not a story teller but I have hella good stories since I clear my bucket list each year!
Try it…It can be stressful, scary, liberating, expensive (if you let it) and the best thing you have ever done!